Spacer po Warszawie

  Warsaw tour
 

Wirtualna wędrówka po zabytkach Starego Miasta
35 zdjęć panoramicznych
Virtual tour through the Old Town, *)
35 immersive panoramas *)

ul. Kościelna, Nowe Miasto
(Kościelna Street, The New Town)

Rynek Starego Miasta
(The Old Town Market Square)

Kościół Nawiedzenia NMP, Nowe Miasto
(The Church of Announciation of Virgin Mary, New Town)

Pomnik Bohaterów Getta, Muranów
(The Memorial of the Heroes of The Ghetto, Muranów)

Plac Bankowy
(Bankowy Square)

Widoki Sztokholmu,
(Stockholm views)

 
*) Old Town The Old Town has always been the city's heart. It was turned into rubble during the 1944 Warsaw Uprising, and then rebuilt on the basis of old paintings and surviving photographs after the war. The reconstruction effort, unprecedented on a European scale, was recognized by UNESCO, which placed the entire Old Town complex on its World Heritage List in 1980. The facades were returned to their earliest documented appearance, while the prewar building density was decreased to improve living conditions. All of the remaining fragments of the defensive walls have been restored and most of the other elements rebuilt. The oldest Warsaw church, the Gothic St. John's Cathedral, was reconstructed. It was once the venue for the coronation of Polish kings Wladyslaw IV, Stanislaw Leszczynski and Stanislaw August Poniatowski, as well as the adoption of the May 3rd Constitution. In the cathedral's vaults lie many famous Poles, and the presbytery is the oldest surviving example of Gothic architecture in Warsaw. Today Warsaw's Old Town is bursting with life. Festivals take place here, street musicians play, artists paint, and children gather around an old organ-grinder.
Royal Castle It is one of the most splendid historic buildings in Warsaw and the best known spot in the Old Town. It was created over the course of 600 years, and each epoch brought new historical and artistic value to it. Destroyed during World War II, it was rebuilt from 1970-84. It is the only royal seat in Europe that also housed both houses of parliament, the Sejm and Senate. It was here in the Royal Castle that the Sejm adopted the May 3rd Constitution in 1792, the first in Europe and the second in the world. The Royal Castle was reconstructed to its early-Baroque appearance of the late 16th century. The exceptional beauty of its interiors date primarily from the times of King Stanislaw August Poniatowski. One hundred chambers are open to the public, and exhibitions illustrate the continuity of Polish history and culture.
Royal Suburban Residence Wilanow This orginally small residence was build by King Jan III Sobieski in times when the main castle was destroyed during Swedish Deluge (the palace was not bombed during WWII).
 
uwagi techniczne/technical remarks: Eurofresh
   
  Main website